Are You Interested in a Career
in the Green Jobs Field?
ENROLLMENT IS CURRENTLY OPEN
How to Apply
Step 1: Review Program Requirements (below)
Step 2: Print and fill out the following documents (please do not write date on forms)
- SacWorks Registration Form
- SacWorks Youth Addendum Form (must include parent's signature)
- Green Corps Applicant Questionnaire
Step 3: Obtain the following documents:
- Driver’s License, California ID, or personal identification
- Social Security card or original birth certificate
- High School transcript
- Proof of income (3 months)
Step 4: Call or email Asoka (916) 263-7955 or
- Must be entering senior year of High School
- Must be a resident of Sacramento County
- Must meet WIA Federal Low Income Guidelines
- Must meet one or more of the following criteria:
(1) Basic Skills Deficient (Functioning at or below 9th grade level reading or math, possess Individual Education Plan)
(2) Homeless, runaway
(3) Foster youth
(4) Pregnant or parenting
(5) Involved in the criminal justice system
(6) Require additional assistance to complete an educational program to secure and hold employment
1. Make an appointment with Asoka Ishiura by calling (916) 263-7955 and bring:
a. SacWorks Registration Form
b. SacWorks Youth Addendum Form (must include parent's signature)
c. Green Corps Applicant Questionnaire
2. COMPLETE ELIGIBILITY APPOINTMENT. Asoka will schedule an eligibility appointment for you. At the appointment, SacWorks staff will confirm your eligibility to participate in the program. If the SacWorks staff deems you eligible, we will offer you a visit to the site and an in-person interview.
3. COMPLETE SITE VISIT. If eligible you will be invited to visit our American River Ranch site.
4. COMPLETE INTERVIEW. Based on your application materials, you may be invited to an in-person interview.
Applicant Eligibility Document Checklist
You will be asked to present the following documents at the time of your Eligibility Appointment. Please collect these documents in advance to best prepare yourself for admittance into the Green Corps Program.
1. Social Security Number
• Social Security Card OR
• Pay Stub OR
• W-2 Form
2a. Authorization to Work Document: U.S. BORN ONLY
• Birth Certificate or Baptismal (Baptismal must have place of birth), OR
• Social Security Card AND Valid Driver’s License or Identification Card
2b. Authorization to Work Document: BORN OUTSIDE OF THE U.S.
• Permanent Resident Card/ 1-94 (Back and Front) OR
• U.S. Passport, or Certificate of Naturalization
3. Family Income: Include all income received by immediate family members during the last six months. Bring all which apply.
• Pay Stubs, or Letter from Employer
• Current aid Verification Summary/ Notice of Action
• Unemployment Insurance Benefit Verification
• SSI Award Letter
• Social Security or Pension Benefits/ Widows and Survivors Benefits
4. Family Size: Family includes husband, wife, or legal guardian, and all children under 18 years of age and dependent children over 18 (no nieces, nephews, cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents unless legal guardian).
• Birth Certificate OR
• Current Aid Verification Summary OR
• Department of Human Assistance Printout
5. Selective Service Registration: Males born on or after January 1st, 1960, must be selective service registered.
• Selective Service Registration Letter, OR
• Proof of Service Discharge other than Dishonorable
For additional information or questions, please contact